You gotta open those locked doors...yes, find the keys!

Friday, December 28, 2018

On Picking up My Favorite-Book


When I picked you up for the first time, I wondered what you were all about: what were those thoughts that remained hidden behind those pages, readily offering themselves to be read; how much labor and how many hours had gone into your making; how many schools of thought were imbibed in the pages; how many pictures were lurking behind those words…

While I read you, I became oblivious to the other world holding that piece of world, you. I came across novel ideas, words, thoughts and theories; each one more immersing than the previous one. I learnt and thanked the author and the world.

You always held a special place in my heart. I carried you wherever I could, but never got tired of you. I would abhor anyone who would ask for borrowing you.

Today when I picked you up once again, I smiled: such a wonder of the world are you. It seemed as if you had your own story to tell: “She was reading me when she was on the way to meet her crush; she would often carry me in her bags; she used the purple- and blue-colored pens while studying me…”

You and I share a relation that no one can fathom, perhaps, even visualize. So for you, who never refuses to teach, I thank the world.
                                                                                                                                        
                                                                                                                            -Kriti Malhotra

No comments: