You gotta open those locked doors...yes, find the keys!

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

I cannot make you love me.


People have called me ‘amazing’; people have told me that I deserve someone better. The reality is that I have never been in a proper relationship. The reality is that I do not know that if I ever fall in love with someone, the other person will see how “amazing” I am and this is not about me. This does not mean that I am unlovable for many people fear that this is what it will mean. It is not necessary that my man (if ever I have a man), is exactly the way I imagine him to be. I am sure that the relationship would not be like a cooking recipe: add these ingredients, stir and the person is yours. He will have his own likes and dislikes and I will have to understand them the way he will have to understand mine. I have come across people who cry because they did something for the other person and the other person did not reciprocate the love. You cannot make another person love you. I cannot make you love me. I cannot make you love me the way I would expect you to love me because everyone loves differently.

No comments: