You gotta open those locked doors...yes, find the keys!

Friday, July 28, 2017

Clothes are to be Loved

I have been accused of having too many clothes!  My answer: I have had an innate love for clothes since childhood (maybe since birth; mom would know!) When I was still a child, I would put on my new clothes the moment they were out of the packet. Hell would break loose in the house as I would decide what to wear. My entire wardrobe would be sprawling on the floor in the room till I would choose the most befitting one. Along with that, would be the worry of having matching accessories, hairstyle and oh! shoes.  My wardrobe would be my most well-kept thing. My friends would look at it during get-togethers.

Be assured, the passion still remains except that it has been replaced by compassion. It hurts me to watch my clothes kept in an untidy way or thrown somewhere. Unless, I gift some clothes to someone, they’re my possessions. However, the frenzy of childhood has mellowed down. I have become quicker (perhaps more efficient) in choosing an attire for an occasion. 

I may be considered to be a materialist by some. In my defense, I can only say that I value how much thought and effort (somebody’s passion) is involved in making a piece of clothing. Each piece of clothing represents some ideals, some creativity and gallons of love. Therefore, though they may fall under the category of inanimate things, I treat them with a lot of love. Why not? They help me represent my personality! Believe me, I have tried to shirk off from them but it has never really worked. Besides, there are other benefits of having too many clothes such as availability of clothes for all kinds of occasions, fun while taking pictures and a lack of worry thereof.

Thank you to all the people and legacies who have helped me build my wardrobe!

P.S. A special note of gratitude to Coco Chanel for changing the face of western fashion world for women.


No comments: